Monday, February 5, 2018

Photo Play's Love Notes - Chipboard Mini Album

a Country Craft Creations Design Team

Today I'm sharing a fun collection from Photo Play called Love Notes.  Even though it's primary use is for Valentines I've designed this mini to be used for any special family photos or occasion.  You won't find the word Valentine inside anywhere.  But, you will find lots of opportunities to showcase those special ones you love.


I couldn't resist using the Pigs Flying paper.  OMG they are just so darn cute.  I tried lots of options for the closure of the book including the two metal rings which were included.  I finally opted for two lacings of three of the colored seam binding from the Country Craft Creations store.  I love the scrunchy look (achieved by wetting the seam binding, scrunching it up and allowing to dry)


The book is constructed of 8 premade chipboard album pages measuring 6x6" not including the tabs.  


As is typical in most of my mini's the two adjoining pages match with corresponding paper and elements to provide a good flow from one page to the other.  I've used a lot of Stickles and Glossy Accents throughout the book to give lots of glitter and glitz as you turn the pages.


Because I also had the sticker sheet I incorporated as many as I could here and there throughout the book.  One way to keep the bulk down, which I've used numerous times within, is to ink around the edge with a permanent black marker.  This gives the illusion of another sheet of black without the weight. You can see how nice this looks on the Kisses tab above.


There are belly bands and pockets and frames to add numerous photos and notes within the pages.  Lots of room to capture those wonderful moments for generations to come.  You can see how I trimmed around the hanging hearts to create the cute pocket above.  I backed the top edge of the cut out with heavy packing tape before cutting the decorative edge.  This gives a smooth flow in and out of the pocket and also strengthens that top edge.

Please join me on the video for a complete walk through and lots more photos.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a fun crafty day playing in your own crafty space.


Supplies from the Country Craft Creations store - 


Art Glitter Glue

Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
you can also join the Facebook group
Scrapbookers of Country Craft Creations here - http://tinyurl.com/zhess6s
Or Coffee Talk page here - http://tinyurl.com/y8byhnel

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on





3 comments:

Lagene said...

AWESOME book, thanks for the video!

Sandi said...

Really cute, thank you for sharing.

Sandi said...

Super cute. Thank you for sharing.